Monday, June 6, 2011

A Birthday Card for My Sister


Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She is 5 years older.... Happy 30th, Sis!

I wanted to post a little bit about my sister and all of the bits of knowledge she has passed on. Whether it was showing me how to/making me play with her Barbies or informing me that "when you get to the 6th grade, you can NOT wear Umbro's anymore!".... it's safe to say I would not be who I am today without my older sister. She was my Bible study leader, fashion consultant, role model, and sometimes third parent. If you don't know her personally, it would be best to get to know her in the art of conversation. With that being said, I want to list a few of my favorite quotes, spoken by my favorite sister:

"If you don't stay with Mom in the grocery store, she will leave you here all night!"
"You can not wear Umbro's in middle school."
"You need to come in my room and sit on the edge of my bed, we are going to sing This Land is Your Land together. I'll sing harmony. ready....." (I think I was 6)
"Hey! Are you busy? Just a quick question......" (20 minutes later......)
"Get out of my room! I'm on the phone! Standing in the bathroom doorway doesn't count as leaving! MOOOOMMM!"
"Can Capri Sun 'go bad'?"
"When you are playing with Barbie, you have to move her arms and legs like this, so it looks like she's actually moving."
"You don't want to play sports in high school, your legs will be too muscle-y. you should do drill team instead."
"Mom, she's in my way, I'm trying to moonwalk!" (dancing to Thriller.... sister: 7, me: 2)
"Never tie something around your waist unless you are planning on wearing it later."
"I haven't worn jeans since middle school".... spoken as a college student
"Dancing is so much harder than running around a field!"
"Lets not put the cream of mushroom soup in the recipe, it's so fattening.".... (homemade lasagna... ruined)
"We can't go to Disney World until all my kids are potty trained."

There are so many more quotes and bits of wisdom that she has passed down, but those are a few of my favorites.

Sister, you were the best role model I could have asked for when it came to surviving middle school, high school, and college all the while making good decisions and steering clear of people who weren't doing the same. I love having kids the same age and watching them grow up together, play with dolls and stickers, and talk about movies and their outfits. I hope you had a fabulous birthday! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment