Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Helpful Push in the Right Direction


Short post today. Just wanted to let everyone know that the rest of the day yesterday went great... we didn't even have high blood sugars! I think what happened was: She had a high BS yesterday at 10 a.m. for morning snack, and the numbers must have been headed down and I didn't give her enough carbs at snack...... which lead to a quick drop out around 11:30. yuck.

I also wanted to say thank you to a few of you that have encouraged me throughout all of this. Whether it was an email, phone call, text, or conversation; every word of encouragement has been logged away and will not be forgotten.

Last night at 2 a.m. I was exhausted and stumbling to Bug's room to check her blood sugar and remembered an email I had received earlier.... instantly I felt better and encouraged. Remembering that I have been chosen for this job and I am doing my best to save this little life one hour at a time.

Sometimes I feel like the kid in the picture above.... but I feel like I can move just about anything when I have the right motivation.

Thank you for the kind words, they are pushing me forward and helping me get past the rough spots.

Today has been a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment