Thursday, March 31, 2011

Togetherness 2011




It has been almost two weeks since my last post. This is entirely due to the fact that my husband and I decided to take a last minute road trip with our girls. We drove over 1,800 miles and visited 3 states. The trip left us with many memories, stories, and moments that I would love to share, but quite honestly I feel that bullet points are the best way to go in this case.... otherwise you would be reading for days and/or stop reading my blog completely due to the annoyance of my "over-share".

In no particular order of appearance or importance:

1,800 miles driven
3 states
visiting friends
visiting family
visiting family friends
visiting Whole Foods
good conversation
great conversation
CVS
Wendy's
Sonic
packing
unpacking
Gas Station Facilities
Beauty and the Beast
Sleeping Beauty
The Little Mermaid
Car sick 2 year old in the mountain pass somewhere between North Carolina and Tennessee
Dramamine
diapers
Visiting family members' work places
visiting family members' co-workers
eating
eating
eating
room sharing
hotel indoor pool swimming
t.v. watching on mute due to room sharing with children
"castle" spotting..... (my husband started pointing to hotels and saying they were castles, to make the princess in the back feel at home/entertained)
laundry
low blood sugars
high blood sugars
diapers
warm weather
cold weather
band-aids
insulin pump injection site changes
laughing
crying
diapers
delirium
so very much togetherness

Overall, we had a great time. The girls were as close to perfect travelers as they could have been and my husband and I were able to have a lot of good conversation.... (with a Disney Princess singing in the background, of course)

I will say that if you are a parent of a child who needs to travel with medical supplies, make a visit to The Container Store and forget about the budget. Get organized, buy all the gear you need. Also, if your child has to travel with something that must be refrigerated at all times.... like insulin... you can buy tiny coolers that most people use for fancy lunches at their workplace.... you could also call the hotel and make sure there will be a little 'fridge in the room. (all things we have learned through trail and error.... I'll try to save you the error and maybe you can learn from our trials)

I hope everyone had a great Spring Break 2011! Great trip. Glad to be home.


A HUGE thank you to all of our friends and family that entertained, fed, and housed us along the way! We love you all so very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment